Sr BA ORMB Consultant – UK
Client is currently seeking a Financial Systems Manger to play a critical role in the development and implementation of revenue system enhancements and modifications. The Financial Systems Manager will be part of the Finance Systems Strategy (FSS) organization, which is responsible for defining the global finance systems roadmap as well as the implementation and enhancement of global revenue systems. The FSS Revenue team works closely with the business owners of the Revenue systems and the Corporate IT team to define business and system control requirements. Excellent business and systems analysis, critical thinking, internal controls understanding and communication skills are crucial for this role. Must also be self-directed and comfortable in multi-tasking, disciplined, and adaptable to change.
- Collaborate with business partners and IT team to develop comprehensive and concise business requirements and user stories to help drive revenue system solutions for medium to large projects in a complex and high volume payment transaction processing environment.
- Lead and deliver multiple system projects running simultaneously. Demonstrate and be recognized as Subject Matter Expert (SME) with in-depth working knowledge of one or more Finance functional areas.
- Challenge status quo and bring new methods and techniques to the work force
- Ability to read and interpret contract language and to ensure accuracy of automated calculations within the revenue systems aligned with client contract language
- Provide recommendations on business processes enhancements from efficiency, automation and controls perspectives.
- Provide guidance to IT on functional design of the systems.
- Execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process and validation of system changes for the global revenue systems in coordination with business process owners. The global revenue systems include legacy systems as well as commercial off-the shelf packages such as Oracle Revenue Management & Billing (ORMB).
- Anticipate, communicate and escalate system testing scope issues to the IT team and other stakeholders
- Oversee ad-hoc analyses of revenue system processes and data to support future billing transformations
- Communicate effectively and proactively with all levels of management and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly.
- Develop in-depth understanding of Visa’s revenue management systems and processes.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining, standardizing and automating processes and reporting requirements.
- Work with limited direction and supervision, usually within a complex and changing environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet project deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with Financial Internal Controls and SOX control requirements as deemed appropriate. Identify, recommend and implement control improvements throughout revenue processes.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level guidance on testing and functionality of Visa revenue systems to non-Finance users and groups introducing new products and revenue sources.
- Coordinate with SOX and Financial Internal Controls regarding automated controls testing and system related queries and functionalities.
- Assess impact on the risks and controls framework related to the new revenue systems implementation and/or existing system changes. Provide recommendations to address those risks and implementation of appropriate controls within the process.
- Participate in system and process reviews and identify opportunities for significant enhancements in operational efficiency, overall effectiveness and identifiable benefits to the company.
- Synthesize complex data findings into logical conclusions and impact assessment for management recommendation.
- 6 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree with a combination of Systems/Accounting/Finance concentration or at least 4 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 8 or more years of progressive system implementations, business requirements analysis and solution building and internal controls implementation and assessment experience preferably with large, multi-national, publicly-traded companies.
- Experience in Oracle Revenue Management & Billing (ORMB) or Oracle Customer Care & Billing (CC&B) strongly preferred. Experience with other enterprise revenue software packages (e.g. Oracle BRM, SAP, Amdocs, etc.) also preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to translate complex information into comprehensive, concise and high quality business requirements with minimal revisions.
- Excellent data analysis skills and demonstrated experience in testing, validation, Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing, and related disciplines. A high degree of proficiency in Excel and Access required.
- Ability to create contract models and calculations in excel.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time and meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and achieve in-depth understanding of complex processes and systems.
- Excellent understanding of the Agile methodology and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Background in payment industry and transaction based billing preferred. Experience and knowledge of Visa transaction processing systems attractive.
- Working knowledge of accounting treatments and statistical reporting
- Knowledge of internal controls framework such as COSO etc. is preferred.