ACCA Business Unit Lead – Service Charge Accounting
Our Client is looking for a Chartered Accountant (ICAEW or ACCA) who is looking for a different challenge. The person will lead the growth, development and operation of this new business. The person will be working with the established leadership team, liaising with clients and internal stakeholders and using their accounting knowledge, coupled with practical business experience to help support the company’s growth plans.
You will be equally comfortable exercising typical accounting processes, managing staff, driving design of new business processes, giving input into the design of our systems that will be key to driving efficiency and handling the bulk of accounts as well as customer facing presentations discussing general business outcomes and value propositions.
You will have the satisfaction of being a key contributor to growing a new business unit. And as you take on more responsibility and help the company grow, you will share in the success.
The role is primarily home based but will require occasional (quarterly as a minimum) meetings in our offices in Harrow-on-the-Hill, North West London and potentially site visits to our clients on a rare occasion.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
· Working closely with the company directors to develop the Proposition, business launch and growth plan.
· Working alongside the Sales team to sell the offering to existing clients.
· Reviewing Service Charge Accounts and signing them off once processed by the accounting staff.
· Processing management and freeholder company accounts
· Creating and improving service delivery processes that sit alongside the technology offerings.
· Giving input to the design of our software and assisting with user testing.
· Assisting in the development of marketing materials
· Improving the performance of the offering
WHO ARE YOU?
· A Chartered accountant.
· Experience of managing staff.
· Experience of managing delivery process steps in some form of volume processing environment.
· Working knowledge of financial accounting software would be advantageous as would experience working in the property industry although not essential.
· Experience of Service charge Accounting, including working knowledge of the ICAEW’s Tech 03/11 and the RICs Management guide would be advantageous but not essential
· Strong interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills.
· Must be a self-starter, confident, enthusiastic and able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives.